“And all meet in singing, which braids together the different knowings into a wide and subtle music, the music of living. ”
― Alison Croggon,
Music is vital to humanity and plays an important role in self-expression. My goal as a teacher is not only to prepare students for whatever they set out to do in music, but to also instill a love for music and to show them how it relates to all areas of life. Learning to play the oboe, as with any musical instrument, is a challenging but rewarding activity. Those who decide to study the oboe will develop a variety of life-skills such as perseverance, discipline and lots of patience. It’s also a lot of fun to play!
I teach out of the Rubank, Barret, and Ferling Method books as well as standard solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts. Skills taught include sound production and tone quality, phrasing and dynamics, technique, breath control, vibrato and reedmaking.
- College acceptance into Oberlin Conservatory of Music, Eastman School of Music and Northwestern University
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Schaumburg Youth Symphony Orchestra
- ILMEA Honors Orchestra
- Birch Creek Music Festival
- Interlochen Advanced Oboe Institute
- Young Artist Summerfest at Curtis Institute of Music
For information on rates, to inquire about setting up a trial session for in-person or online lessons, or to schedule a solo master class, please send me a message on the contact page. I look forward to working with you!